The first half of 2025 showed a dramatic decline in asylum applications, falling as much as 50% from last year’s figures, signalling that Germany has lost its position as the main destination country for asylum seekers in Europe.
Blog
-
Germany sees 50% decline in asylum application in first half of 2025
-
‘We felt abandoned by Francis’: Pope Leo heads to traditional papal residence for summer break | Italy
When, soon after being elected in 2013, Pope Francis broke from longstanding Vatican tradition by choosing not to spend his summer holiday in the papal retreat of Castel Gandolfo, a sleepy hilltop town overlooking a lake about an hour south of…
Continue Reading
-
New OSCE PA president condemns attack on Kyiv, urges Russia to end war
Newly elected President of the OSCE Parliamentary Assembly, Pere Joan Pons Sampietro, has condemned Russia’s recent missile and drone strike on Kyiv and called on Vladimir Putin to end the war against Ukraine.
He said this in a statement posted on the social media…
Continue Reading
-
Trump has given up on ‘America First’ in one arena: Sports
In early June, the U.S. Customs and Border Protection agency announced on its Facebook page that its “suited and booted” agents would be at matches to the FIFA Club World Cup. Alex Lasry, CEO of the New York-New Jersey 2026 World Cup Host Committee, was startled to see the ominous message,…
Continue Reading
-
Assailants attack GHF aid center in Gaza, wound two aid workers
Assailants attack GHF aid center in Gaza, wound two aid workers | The Jerusalem Post The attack was part of “explicit plans to target American personnel, Palestinian aid workers, and the civilians who rely on…
Continue Reading
-
Beijing and Washington lift export restrictions on key products
Beijing and Washington are following through on an agreement struck last month in London to lift restrictions on exports of items essential for industrial production, as both sides look to cool a global trade war.
“The Chinese side is examining and approving applications for export licenses…
Continue Reading
-
SBU classifies Odesa car explosion as attempted terrorist attack
The Security Service of Ukraine (SBU) has classified the July 5 car explosion in Odesa’s Kyivskyi district as an attempted terrorist attack.
According to the SBU’s regional office in Odesa, the blast occurred in the morning on Varnenska Street, when an Opel vehicle…
Continue Reading
-
Ukraine says it struck a Russian airbase as Moscow steps up bombing campaign on Ukraine
The fresh wave of attacks came after Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy said Friday that he had a “very important and productive” phone call with US President Donald Trump.
Continue Reading
-
Drone threat reportedly causes mass flight delays in Russia’s Moscow, St. Petersburg airports
Russia’s largest airports experienced hours-long flight delays and cancellations on July 5, as authorities imposed temporary restrictions due to a reported threat of Ukrainian drone attacks, the pro-Kremlin Telegram channel Shot reported.
Ukraine…
Continue Reading